Sunday, February 27, 2011

Threepio! Come in, Threepio! Threepio!

Dear Diary,
After spending most of yesterday defragmenting the C: drive of my main computer and the paper piles of my living room, both of which were in even worse shape than the laptop, I treated myself this morning and settled down with the laptop, my Android phone and my copy of 'Sams Teach Yourself Android Application Development in 24 Hours'.

I'm only up to chapter four but I am enjoying it so far - it's a bit like learning the Java AWT or Eclipse SWT again but with a basic workflow infrastructure already defined.  Unfortunately I did not have the Javadoc for the Android SDK on the laptop which hampered me a bit but I was able to upload some basic 'Hello World' type code to the phone, debug it and start exploring the workflow structure.

I got totally engrossed in it to the point where I suddenly realized I that I had missed breakfast and was in danger of missing lunch too!  (I like my meals)  I will figure out what I'm doing wrong with those buttons...  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment