Sunday, February 20, 2011

Of Simians, Symbian and Android

Dear diary,
This morning I got up, put on my robe, went downstairs and before I could even think of bananas I picked up my new smart phone and started to play with it.  I still mourn the passing of Symbian - it is so close to simian after all - but Android is far more fuzzy than its name suggests and I am loving it.  (This is actually my second Android device)  Besides, it has a really cool mascot!




Google [CC-BY-3.0 (www.creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0)], via Wikimedia Commons


The funny thing is that I have owned Symbian phones for the last six years or so and while I use the stylus a lot, I long ago got used to tapping the screen with a fingernail to get around.  Now that I am using the finger-friendly touch-screens of Android, I find myself wanting a stylus for precision work.  Fortunately, I found this one which was designed for the iPad but works equally well with my Android devices.



No comments:

Post a Comment